Last Updated: March 2020
Do you know that stainless steel has the ability to heal itself? They practically never run out of fashion.
The chromium and formation of an oxide on the film surface allow the damaged stainless to heal – even with mechanical and chemical damage.
To cut is short, stainless steel coolers have the ability to resist stains and corrosion. Regular coolers cannot match the durability, safety, and sustainability of stainless coolers.
Because they are 100% recyclable and reusable, this makes it the perfect companion for your next camping trip, picnic, tailgating, fishing and many more activities. It is definitely a practical choice.
- 1 Best Stainless Steel Coolers / Ice Chests
- 1.1 Coleman 54-Quart Steel-Belted Cooler
- 1.2 TRINITY TXK-0802 Stainless Steel Cooler with Shelf
- 1.3 Igloo Products Corporation 00044669 Stainless Steel Cooler, 54 quart
- 1.4 Corona Cooler, Stainless Steel, 54-Quart
- 1.5 Outsunny 80 QT Rolling Ice Chest
- 1.6 Stainless Steel coolers – Some Things You Need To Know
Best Stainless Steel Coolers / Ice Chests
Looking for stainless chests that can last a lifetime? Yes, we’ve compiled the list of top steel coolers that have been tested to last through the tough times.
|Coleman Steel Belted||54 Quarts|
|TRINITY TXK-0802||80 Quarts|
|Igloo Products Corporation||54 Quarts|
|Corona Cooler||54 Quarts|
|Outsunny Stainless Cooler||80 Quarts|
Coleman 54-Quart Steel-Belted Cooler
- High-capacity, heavy-duty cooler features a charming retro design
- 54-quart capacity accommodates up to 85 cans. Added height to hold 2-liter bottles upright to help prevent spills
- Keeps the Ice! insulation offers 4-day ice retention in temperatures as high as 90 degrees Fahrenheit
- Built to deliver years of performance with rust-resistant stainless steel hardware. Have-A-Seat Lid supports up to 250 pounds for a place to sit and rest
- Comfort-grip steel handles allow for easy, controlled lifting and carrying
The Coleman has been a top producing outdoor recreation company for years. It’s perhaps one of the oldest cooler brand that’s still pushing high-end coolers to the market. Here’s another stainless Coleman cooler that’s making waves –
This is my personal favorite, and I always carry it whenever I want to go to the beach or tailgate, it ensures I have enough supply of cold drinks amidst the scorching summer heat.
The Igloo 54-quart steel belted cooler comes with a nuance brushed steel, making it incredibly gorgeous. It measures 25” x 17” x 17, quite big, I would say.
Going to out with friends and family? The Coleman offers the perfect choice. Sure the size is big as it can fit in 85 cans and store 2-liter bottles upright. One of the coolest features is the Have-A-seat lid which allows you to sit on the lid; you can even enjoy the moment with a drink.
Transporting your cooler has never been easier, built with comfortable grip steel handles expect optimum comfort when carrying it around. The steel lid latch provides a perfect seal between the base and lid, improving the cooler performance of the cooler.
So that your snacks don’t get soggy from melted ice, it features a leak resistant channel which allows for complete water drainage without the need of tilting the chest.
Certainly, the stainless Coleman ice chest has all the bells and whistles, but the ice retention is the major turn off for most users. However, for the price and functions it offers, you rest assured of a great stainless steel cooler that will last a lifetime.
Features & benefits
Average insulation performance – holds ice for up to 4 days!
Constructed of high-grade stainless steel
TRINITY TXK-0802 Stainless Steel Cooler with Shelf
This is perhaps the most sophisticated stainless ice chest on the list. From mere looking at it, you’ll know there’s something special about it. Well, we are here to help you explore the intricacies of the Trinity TNK.
Without further ado, this cooler is made from premium – quality stainless steel. This patio stainless steel cooler is suitable for courtyard BBQ. The build construction is suitable for almost any outdoor activity.
The highlight of the cooler is the bottom shelf compartment, which provides extra storage space to keep your foods and drinks. It’s easy to sneak in a cold drink for yourself, and when everyone thinks the drinks are finished, remove a cold drink from the bottom shelf and make everyone think you are Houdini.
It has massive 80-quart storage space, 20 gallons and 96 cans can be stored plus ice. Run out of space? Well, that’s a thing of the past. With the bottom shelf, you can use the extra space to keep all your items.
Regardless of the load, it’s carrying; Wheels ensures you cart the cooler easily, replacing the need of hauling a giant cooler for big events.
The lid has a spectacular two-way access; you can easily get a drink from either side of the lid. Users will love that it comes with a bottle opener with a handy cap catcher.
Melted ice reduce the cooling performance especially when you can’t drain the water. The good news is that the Trinity-TXK is built with a drain plug to purge out water completely. The result is a significant increase in cooling performance.
Note: To keep enjoying this cooler, it is advisable not to use bleach or abrasive cleaners.
Features and benefits
Efficient drain plug
Wheels provide for easy carting
Double lid flips for easy access to drinks
Large capacity – Holds up to 96 cans
Bottom shelf compartment offers extra storage
Igloo Products Corporation 00044669 Stainless Steel Cooler, 54 quart
- Body and lid constructed of durable, rust-resistant stainless steel for long life
- Cool Riser Technology offers an elevated design to promote airflow underneath for improved cooling performance keeps ice 4 days
- Wide stainless-steel swing-up side handles with comfort grips and includes convenient bottle opener
- Premium stainless-steel hinges, latch and hardware for maximum durability
- Triple-snap leak-resistant drain plug for easy draining of melted ice
The igloo stainless cooler is another high-end cooler that has served me for a year and still retains its shape. As a result, I gave it away as a present after a year of use, and it was still in a tip-top condition.
Made of durable materials, the body and lid rust-resistant, little wonder I enjoyed using the cooler for over a year. More impressive, igloo utilizes a cool riser technology with elevated design, this allows air to flow underneath and hence, improve the cooling performance for up to 4 days.
However, that’s on paper, in extreme heat conditions, I’d advise you go for a rotomolded option as they retain ice better. Of course, that’s as much as you can get from a cooler that’s well under 150 bucks.
With a 54 quart capacity, you have a chest that can cater for two or more people. However, this depends on the length of days you want to use the ice box.
At 16.55 pounds and dimensions of 16.5 x 15.87 x 24.45 inches, it’s large and heavy. Despite the weight, you’ll find it easy to carry the cooler using the steel wing up handles with comfortable grips. Just like the Trinity-TKX, igloo too, comes with bottle opener.
Features & Benefits
54-quart size – provides ample space
Constructed from rust-resistant materials
Comfortable swing handles for easy carrying
Built with thick stainless materials for extra insulation
Corona Cooler, Stainless Steel, 54-Quart
- 54 Quart Stainless Steel Cooler
- Bottle Opener On Front
- Solid Steel Latch
The corona has a striking resemblance to the igloo 54 quart we reviewed above. There’s something unique about this chests that draws every eye that sets on it.
What makes this stainless cooler worth every dime is the unique steel construction. Equipped with a 54-quart size, the cooler promise lots of space for your drinks and extra space to stuff ice. The solid steel latch seals the lid perfectly, by preventing heat from getting in and trapping the cold inside, the cooler is built to hold ice longer than the average cooler.
Also featured on the cooler is a handy bottle opener fitted on the front of the cooler. Users can sit on the lid of the cooler, very handy for rests or in boats where there’s limited space.
Features & Benefits
Made of tough materials
Great construction design
54 quarts – Holds up to 85 12-oz cans
Outsunny 80 QT Rolling Ice Chest
- ✅PLENTY OF SPACE INSIDE: The perfect spacious cooler with a large 80 quart/20 gallon capacity to hold a ton of ice and beverages in your backyard, poolside, and more.
- ✅4 WHEELS FOR EASY TRANSPORT: Comes with four rolling wheels making it easy to move, with wheel locks so that it stays in place on your patio.
- ✅HANDY BOTTLE OPENER/CAP CATCHER: Located on the front right side is a built-in bottle opener and cap catcher for a quick and convenient cool-down.
- ✅DRAIN PLUG FOR EASY REMOVAL: It features a handy drain plug that allows you to quickly and easily remove water from the cooler.
- ✅MATCHES YOUR EXISTING DECOR: Our coolers come in a variety of stylish colors to match your existing outdoor furniture including our own.
Remember the TRINITY TXK? Yes, if you do then you’d likely see a similar design pattern. Both coolers can be carted, this makes for easy transportation.
The outsunny cooler is the perfect alternative to the Trinity Txk, but the price is a bit higher. With an 80 quart size and Dimension of 37″l x 19″w x 34 1/2″h, 20 gallons of water can fit in without problems. You are rest assured of getting space for ice too.
For easy transport & maneuverability, four wheels are placed for movement. Additionally, two wheels can be locked, so that the cooler doesn’t roll off. Multiple color options of black, Red, Brown wicker pattern and our favorite stainless steel cooler is available to suit your style. The two steel frame doors allow complete access to the items in the cooler.
The drain spout is fitted at the back for complete and efficient water drainage, you don’t have to turn the cooler to get all the water out.
Benefits & Features
Comes with a bottle opener
Easy access to content through the two lid doors
Massive storage capacity of 80 quarts
Two carrying handles
Four wheels for easy movement
Stainless Steel coolers – Some Things You Need To Know
Above we’ve provided you with perhaps the only top-five stainless ice chests you need to go with. However, before you buy any of these, it will do you a lot of good to check out the major things to look out & advantages of buying a stainless steel cooler.