Last Updated: December 2019
Compared to the likes of the Yeti, Pelican & ORCA, the Corona is overwhelmingly unheard. But that is a good thing.
It gives you a refreshing look away from the Yeti lookalikes. Are they better than Rotomolded coolers?
No, they are not but have a standard quality with bare essentials you need from a cooler.
Also, their stainless coolers hold ice incredibly well. They boast of a new 12v thermoelectric cooler and variety of soft-sided cooler bags.
Corona has through the years made a faithful following; thanks to the cost-efficient prices and unique design, this is the perfect product for customers on a budget.
In this review, we will take a look at all the top corona beer coolers on sale and all you need to know to make an informed decision.
- 1 Corona Ice Chest – Our Top Favorites
- 2 Corona Soft Cooler Reviews
- 2.1 Corona Extra Soft-Sided Insulated Cooler Bag
- 2.2 Corona Beer Cooler Accessories
- 2.3 Stainless Steel Corona Beer & Ice Bucket
- 2.4 Corona Galavanized Metal Mini Lime bucket
- 2.5 Corona Rita Drink Clips
- 2.6 Corona Beer Bottle Opener & Cap Catcher
- 2.7 Corona Extra Beer Neon Light Sign
- 2.8 Where To Buy Corona Coolers On Sale?
- 2.9 Conclusion
Corona Ice Chest – Our Top Favorites
Corona Stainless Steel 54QT
The Corona cooler is among the top stainless coolers you can find at the moment. It has an excellent finish around the body. It measures 21.8 x 14 x 16.5 inches that means it’s hard to fit the product in the back of your car. The corona koolatron has a 54-quart capacity that can hold up to 85 cans of beer.
The handles allow for easy transport, and they are equally strong; made of robust stainless steel, you are assured to optimum quality.
In terms of ice retention, the cooler proved to be great ice retaining contender. Some users have reported up to 3 days of ice. Thanks to the heavy-duty steel latch, it blocks heat from getting inside.
You don’t have to worry about buying a bottle opener as it comes with one integrated to the cooler. Cleaning the interior walls is a breeze, and you can purge water quickly through the drain plug.
In my opinion, this is the most popular Corona ice chest on the market. The capacity is a no brainer and can cater to many people which makes it suitable for parties, beach, picnic, etc. The quality it offers exceeds the price.
- Easy to clean interior & exterior
- Rust-resistant body and drain plug
- Holds ice for up to 3 days
- Quite heavy when filled with drinks
- Handle grips are narrow – people with large hands will find it hard to have a secure grip
Corona Cruiser – Thermo-electric Cooler
- Corona branded cooler - The corona cooler is an ideal choice for day trips, camping, and tailgate parties.
- 55. 4 Quarts capacity - This beer cooler can hold a 24-bottle case of beer.
- 12 Volt DC and 110 Volt AC adapters included - Plug this electric beer cooler into any 12-volt socket or household outlet.
- Iceless thermoelectric cooling technology - The Koolatron cooler can cool drinks to 40°F (22°C) below ambient temperature.
- Corona cooler with bottle opener - Built-in bottle opener and beverage holders add comfort to your trip and parties.
Hopefully, you’ve heard about iceless coolers. Well, if you haven’t, then you might as well read this article to come out from the rock.
The 48 Quart Koolatron chest is suited for RV, camping and road trips. Yes, you don’t need icepacks to get your drinks cold. Plug the cord to any power outlet and get your drinks chill in no time. Relatively heavy, it weighs 26.5lbs and measures 23.2 x 17.4 x 18.4inches.
Both the 54QT cooler and the 12v cooler share similar features – stainless steel finish, built-in opener, and durable construction. The most differentiating factor is the interior. Inside this cooler are beverage holder and a fruit compartment where you can store your fruits. We were surprised to find out it comes with a cutting board and knife.
This mini-fridge operates quietly, and it’s energy-efficient. Yes, not you can use this fridge as a conventional cooler as well. It is the perfect 12v cooler, but there’s a steep price to pay.
To be very honest, many users have complained of the short life of this unit. If you want to go for the best thermoelectric cooler, then we’ve written an article you should check out.
- Quiet operation
- Great aesthetics and quality construction
- Thermo-electric cooler – does not require physical ice
- It has a steep price
- Some complained of electric issues after using for a while
Corona COR-12 Electric Can Cooler
- Official Corona Extra Can Cooler - Official Corona graphics with the famous Corona Extra can design.
- Holds up to 12 cans or two 2-liter bottles - Stay refreshed and hydrated with your own personal Corona beer cooler.
- Reliable and efficient thermoelectric cooling - This Corona mini fridge can cool its contents up to 36°F (20°C) below the surrounding temperature.
- 12 Volt DC and 110 Volt AC power cords included - Use your mini cooler in a vehicle or boat with the 12-volt plug or plug it into any household outlet.
- Interior sliding shelf - The removable shelf of this cooler corona can be used to organize drinks and snacks.
Wonder shall never end. Yes, ladies and gents nowhere an electric cooler shaped in a can.
This Corona COR-12 can cooler is stylishly built for people of style. Yes, it is fancy; it has a design you won’t see on fridges, which makes it an exceptional unit that would blend with your décor.
It measures 17.8 x 11 x 11, which is not gigantic, while the interior can store up to 12 OZ cans of beer. Quality-wise, it won’t bag any award as it is made with plastic. It’s durable but not as strong as the reviewed models above. The latter is the most concerning downside often highlighted by buyers.
The performance is decent and cools down to 40-degrees below ambient temperature. It utilizes a 12v, 110V/220V power cords to connect to a power outlet.
To be very honest, this is not a buy for life product. As often highlighted in the buyer reviews; it has some electrical issues – this results to slow ice time, loud operation, and overall weak build. If you are looking for better options, then we’ve made a review about retro coca-cola can coolers.
- Alluring design
- Weak construction
- Loud operation
- Slow ice time
Corona Metal Cooler – 13 Liter Ice Chest
- Official vintage Corona design - Retro Corona graphics makes the ice chest an eye-catching accessory for your patio, home bar, boat, cottage, or garage.
- 14 Quarts (13 Liters) capacity - Can fit up to 18 cans or 12 bottles. Cool your favorite refreshments in cans or bottles at your next get together with this stainless steel ice chest cooler.
- Built-in bottle opener and polished chrome accents - The built-in bottle opener is located on the side of the corona cooler.
- Locking handle and lid - Secures the contents inside your Corona ice chest cooler and traps in cold air.
- Thick durable liner - Keep contents cold in beer cooler corona and is easy to clean; wipe down with soap and wet sponge to clean.
Corona metal cooler is the smallest ice chest on the list. It has a compact size that allows for mobility, convenience, and easy transport.
It comes in a red and blue design, accentuating the beauty and there’s a big red circle with a crown designed in front with a written caption “CERVEZA Corona EXTRA” As you guessed Cervaza sounds Spanish and it means beer.
Yes, it is retro-designed and comes in a box shape design with two carry options; a swing handles and built-in handles on the lid.
With a 13 liters capacity, this unit is not for heavy-duty purposes but manages to hold up to 18 cans of beer and 12 bottles respectively.
The interior has a thick liner for easy cleaning functions, and the swing-lock handle blocks heat from getting inside. Our candid opinion is this is not incredibly good at holding ice for many days but for a day; it will keep your drinks and beverages cold.
Overall, this vintage cooler will make for the perfect to friends and family. It’s very affordable and does not even have a cheap look.
- Portable and compact
- Great design and construction
- Long-lasting polished chrome exterior
- Very Affordable
- Does not hold ice for more than a day
Corona Soft Cooler Reviews
Corona Extra Soft-Sided Insulated Cooler Bag
- Convenient top loading design with zipper Corona Cooler
- Sturdy nylon carrying handles
- Soft sided construction.
- Officially licensed Corona Merchandise
- Dimensions: 10"L x 8"H x 8"D; Capacity: 12 bottles
The Corona soft cooler has the ideal features of a lunch bag; it’s light and spacious. But you should not expect a hard-sided function. It’s not as strong and equally not durable to withstand rough use. However, it does have an alluring color combination buyers love.
This soft bag makes packing and unloading your lunch a breeze; thanks to the zippers; you won’t have problems whatsoever when opening or closing it. As said earlier, it is light and weighs 14.4 ounces; users can sling this cooler even when filled without being dragged down by the weight.
On the downside, the bag is not an ice clinger; it is not insulated on the inside. However, it has enough space to fit in 12 bottles.
Finally, this is not a product we’d recommend as durable but can pack enough drinks and beverages for a days use.
- Great & convenient design
- Lightweight and easy to transport
- Not durable
Corona Beer Cooler Accessories
Corona produced some accessories to complement their products and make your life easier. From the galvanized metal lime bucket to beer buckets and a wall mount bottle opener, these nifty accessories items you may need.
Stainless Steel Corona Beer & Ice Bucket
The stainless steel ice bucket is a perfect house accessory. Especially when you have guests over, and you don’t want to make frequent trips to the fridge. You can fill it with ice and toss in drinks inside. And take out the drinks when cold to serve your guest.
It measures 7.25 inches tall and holds 6 beer bottles and 12 oz cans differently. In addition, it has an opener built into the handle; saving you the stress of needless search for an opener when you need it.
Overall, this cooler is not overly durable but can perform for many years, as far as it is employed only for light use.
Corona Galavanized Metal Mini Lime bucket
- Holds 6 beer bottles (12 oz.) and ice
- Bottle opener built into handle base
The combo of Corona and lime is transcendent. The two go together so well that the company made a lime bucket to ensure you savor your drinks with the best experience possible. It has a corona logo printed on different sides of the exterior.
It is rust-resistant and can hold up to 3 limes. On the downside, it does not have a handle, but it is small for you to carry it easily.
Corona Rita Drink Clips
- Made of yellow plastic.
- Same tool that's used in the world-famous cocktail at Chili's.
- The CoronaRita is made by combining a 7oz (coronita) Corona beer with a margarita.
- For use with margarita glasses only.
- Sold in a pack of 6.
Chances are you’ve seen the drink clips jutting out of margarita glasses. These items are hard to find so much that most reviews were pleased to have found it after many futile attempts.
These product clips to the side of your margarita-filled schooner and holds a seven-ounce corona bottle. With this item, you can get both a margarita and cold Corona without sacrificing either. If you want to impress your friends, this is about right for your needs.
Corona Beer Bottle Opener & Cap Catcher
The corona beer bottle opener and cap catcher will make a perfect gift item. They are made of stainless steel by a manufacturing company in Atlanta GA.
You can mount both items to a wall and comes with screws and anchors to ensure it securely holds them in place. The catcher measures 3 ⅝” x 5 ⅝” x 2 ⅝. which is smaller than how it appears in pictures. On the other hand, the bottle opener measures 3 ¼” x 2 ⅝.
Corona Extra Beer Neon Light Sign
- 1. Seller graduated from Auburn University, 11 years professional neon factory. US registered trademark.
- 2.Frame size 42X32. Metal Frame. Well tested, Safe and Low Voltage, Quality assured. Traditional design, In door use, perfect gift.
- 3.Brand new, 100% hand-made, true hand-bend, gas-filled, real glass tube neon signs. They are not plastic tube lights or LED signs.
- 4.Transformer Input Voltage:100-240V Workable in all countries .Please contact us, if you need wholesales business.
- 5.One year warranty. If any damage during shipping, we will resend a new neon sign for free. Meanwhile, If any quality problem during 1 year warranty, we will fix it for you all at our cost, too. Rest Assured to Buy! If you are satisfied, please add us into your favorite shop and give us good feedback, thanks.
There’s a saying that “With Neon light, all is right” I don’t remember where I saw it but it felt appropriate to mention it.
This is perfect as wall mounts and can light up your room or home bar. According to buyers, the Neon light shines quite bright and will last years of use.
Where To Buy Corona Coolers On Sale?
For the affordable discounts and fast delivery, Amazon is just the best option out there. Although you can ship out from the manufacturer site; prices are slightly higher and delivery much slower.
The Corona is a staple to beer lovers. In that spirit, they make ice chests, soft bags, and nifty accessories to ensure you have an optimum experience when you savor your drinks.
Our favorite product is the Corona Stainless Steel 54QT, it ticks all the boxes of a great cooler, and if you are to make a purchase, it is the first product we recommend.
Finally, Corona products are not the most premium, so don’t expect world-class performance from them. However, they do perform great for the price. If you are yet to make up on your mind, there are other excellent alternatives like the Igloo and Magellan.