When summer comes, all you want to do is enjoy the sun and feel the warmth on your skin, and soak up all the scenery of the bustle you only experience in the summer. You will agree that there’s no better period for camping than in the summer.
I don’t know about you, but I’d like to savor a cold drink that could quench the heat inside my throat. In these times, I need ice cubes closer to me more than I need a pet.
Ice cubes melt quickly in the summer; thus, you will need an ice maker that can make ice virtually tag along everywhere so long as it’s connected to a power source.
But some customers would say bags of ice are more cost-efficient, but in the long run, the ice maker will come out on top.
Now, the best ice makers for camping come in portable sizes that are suitable for your RV’ too. You can keep the machine almost anywhere in your car, and it won’t eat up much space.
In this article, we’ve combined the list of top ice makers for camping and could be used for tailgating, beach, road trips, etc.
- 1 Best Ice Maker for Camping
- 1.1 Frigidaire EFIC115 Extra Large Ice Maker
- 1.2 Opal Countertop Nugget Ice Maker – Best Ice Maker For Camping
- 1.3 hOmeLabs Portable Ice Maker Machine
- 1.4 Aicok Portable Ice Maker
- 1.5 Hamilton Beach PIM-1-3A Portable Ice Maker
- 1.6 Sentern Portable Electric Clear Ice Maker Machine
- 1.7 Igloo ICEB26RR Ice Maker
- 1.8 Conclusion
Best Ice Maker for Camping
Frigidaire EFIC115 Extra Large Ice Maker
- Extra Large Stainless Steel Ice Maker - Easy to Clean!
- Produces 48 pounds of Ice in 24 Hours - 5 Liter Reservoir
- Makes Your Choice of 3 Sizes of Ice in Less Than 7 Minutes
- Makes ice in less than 7 minutes
- Removable Ice Tray, Indicator Light and Alerts for
First up on our list is the Frigidaire EFIC115 is a compact and portable machine that is perfect for your RV. It measures 19 x 16.5 x 18.5 inches making it the ideal ice machine for almost any type of activity.
The first batch of ice takes about 7 minutes and can produce about 3 sizes in that time. This unit is a beast of burden; it has a 5-liter water reservoir, producing up to 48lbs of ice in 24 hours.
It allows you to choose up to three different ice cube sizes. The unit has a see-through window that allows you to check the ice level and has an indicator light to indicate when the ice is full or low water level.
Frigidaire operates quietly, running at 38db which is within the soothing sound range. You will surely get some humming sounds but does not irk the ears.
When the ice melts, it provides a drain plug that allows for quick water purge and cleaning. An ice shovel accompanies this unit to help you transport the ice to your cup.
Why We Love This Unit
Does not use chemical refrigerant
Great quality construction
Compact & portable size allows for secure storage in your Rv
It has a compressor cooling system for quick ice formation
What We Don’t Like
According to some users, the longevity is short, and they’ve had issues no sooner from the time of purchase and operation. However, it is covered by a warranty, and you can always return it.
Opal Countertop Nugget Ice Maker – Best Ice Maker For Camping
- COUNTERTOP SIZE - With its elegant design, the Opal will wow your guests before they even try the delicious ice it makes. Measures at 15.5 x 10.5 x 17.2 inches - The perfect size for any countertop in your home. Installation Clearance - 3 inches, sides and back
- QUICK AND POWERFUL - Within only 20 minutes, you?ll be enjoying soft, crunchy ice, just like the ice you love from your favorite restaurant. The Opal produces 24 lbs of ice per day, and the bin holds 3 lbs at a time
- SMART - The Opal is bluetooth equipped, so you can set up your ice making schedule from the convenience of your phone using the free FirstBuild app. It senses when the bin is full of ice, so it won't overfill
- PORTABLE - No water hookup required, just plug it into any 120v grounded (standard) electrical outlet and fill the reservoir with water. As ice melts, the water returns to the reservoir, where it will simply be made back into more ice. Reservoir Capacity - 2.5 quarts
- Water Quality - Use potable water only, 12 gpg (205 ppm) or less mineral hardness
The Opal changed the game of what it means to be own an efficient portable ice maker. The manufacturers, Firstbuild designed the Opal for home use so do that you don’t have to splurge on a high-end model that can cost an arm and a leg. The Opal is also popularly known to make the chewiest, soft ice known as nugget ice.
Yes, it is portable but holds up to 2.5 quarts of ice (3lbs) and produces 24lbs of ice per day. Just wait for 20 minutes, and you can get the first batch of soft, chewy ice for your soda, scotch, cocktails, etc.
Smart Ice makers? This countertop ice maker has revolutionized the ice maker space with an app known as the Firtbuild, which connects to the machine via Bluetooth to control ice making.
It ensures you know when the ice bin is almost filled up so that it does not overflow. It measures 15.5 x 10.5 x 17.2 inches, which is portable on the ice maker standard for any countertop or RV; And weighs 44lbs, which is relatively light compared to most units on the market.
Scared of manufacture & shipping defects? The manufacturers have included a one-year limited warranty; you can read here to find out more (support.firbuild.com)
Overall, this is our top budget ice maker that ticks all the boxes of what an ideal camping ice maker for your Rv should be.
Why we love this unit
Great construction and design
Features automatic shut down
It makes the first batch of ice in 20 minutes
Loaded with accessories that make ice making a joy
What we don’t like
A bit pricey – but it is cost-efficient
hOmeLabs Portable Ice Maker Machine
- PORTABLE ICE POWER - This powerful ice maker creates delicious, chewable, bullet shaped ice up to 1. 5 lbs. at a time and up to 26 lbs. of ice per day with its 2. 2-liter water reservoir. Measures just 9. 5 x 12. 9 x 14" - an ideal choice for ice anytime, anywhere
- ICE CUBES DONE QUICK - Features small or medium size options for bullet shape ice, ready in just 6 to 8 minutes. The small ice cube bullets are smooth and cylinder-shaped to easily fit in water bottle openings, and the medium size is perfect for mixed drinks and more
- ENERGY EFFICIENT ICE MAKER - Equipped with a compressor that requires low energy to cool, this ice machine is a tiny yet mighty addition to your bar or countertop (NOTE: Use ice shortly after making or store ice batches in freezer if not using right away)
- SMART DESIGN - A water reservoir sits below the ice basket and reuses water from the melted ice to make even more ice. Warning lights and an automatic shut off function are activated once the ice basket is full or when water needs to be refilled
- INCLUDES BASKET and ICE SCOOP - No installation required; just fill the water reservoir, plug it in and wait for the ice to form. This ETL Certified electric ice maker has an easy to use control panel and comes with a removable ice basket and scoop
Many customers have consistently praised the efficiency of this small machine. hOmelabs is perfect for your RV, kitchen, boats, bars, backyards, etc. In fact, it measures 9.5 x 12.9 x 14 inches, and produce about 26lbs of ice per day and stores up to 1.5lbs.
Getting ice is also a breeze, expect the first batch no less than five minutes after you’ve turned on the unit and added water to the reservoir.
Talking about storage, it has 2.2 liters storage (0.58 gallons), and the ice produced come in bullet shape cubes.
Yes, this is a smart unit, too; it will automatically shut down when the ice is full. Designed in a user-friendly way, you can easily add water and drain melted ice. This unit needs no fancy installation procedure, drop in on a standard ground, and connect it to a 12v outlet to start making soft, chewy ice.
For those of you that care, it has multiple certifications from ETL, CE-EMC, CE-LVD, FDA, ROHS. It comes with an ice basket and ice scoop to make your job easier.
Finally, hOmelabs is a sleek looking product that you can proudly place on the countertop of your kitchen or in your RV.
What we like
Makes ice in 7-8 minutes
Light & Portable enough to fit in an Rv
Durable construction & beautiful finish
What we don’t like
Limited storage capacity
Aicok Portable Ice Maker
- PORTABLE & FAST - Other than under-counter models, this portable ice maker for countertop doesn’t require any special knowledge for installation. 9 ice cubes ready within 6-14 minutes, 1.1lb of ice cubes per hour, 26lb per 24 hours. This ice machine has a BPA-free plastic ice scoop and a removable ice basket with a capacity of 1.3lb. And there is no noise during ice making. The thick foam layer insulates the heat effectively. Quiet DC fan.
- EAST-TO-FOLLOW OPERATION - With just two steps, this ice maker starts to produce ice cubes. Press the "Select" button to select an ice cube size and then the "ON / OFF" button. The easy operation brings you cool ice cubes. You can add it to your juice, chill your beers, make smoothies, ice cream, seafood, etc.
- INFRARED MONITORING TECHNOLOGY - This ice machine stops automatically when the ice basket is full or the water is lacking. And it starts to work automatically after you have gutted the ice cubes. It is safe and convenient for you.
- THOUGHTFUL DESIGN - 2 Quart water tank holds enough water to make ice. Our innovative design allows you to recycle the water from the molten ice to produce more ice, saving time and water. Stainless steel appearance is much more stable than plastic models.
- LITTLE TIPS - Please make sure to turn on the ice maker one day after receiving the product (Refrigerant return from transportation may cause poor cooling effect). The ice machine is not a freezer, better take out the ice cubes and use them immediately. Any problem, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Aicok is what we’d like to call the portable but mighty. It is constructed with durable stainless steel that’s polished to capture the attention of onlookers.
The unit produces up to 26lbs of ice in 24 hours, in fact, after 6-10 minutes it produces 9 bullet-shaped ice cube.
It features a 2.2-liter water tank ensures you get enough ice that would suffice for a group of people.
Needless to say, a full batch of ice can get the party started. While it does not have a built-in freezer, it features a polyurethane foam insulation board that prevents heat from getting inside for longer ice periods.
Yes, this is a portable unit as it measures 9.5 x 11.6 x 13.4 inches, ideal size for your RV and you can take this along on any camp trip. With smart features like the automatic shut-off and warning lights, it conserves energy and ensures your ice does not overflow.
A special award should be given to this model; it has the highest warranty for 2 years, if there’s any problem, read the manual and give the Aicok customer service a call. Many customers have testified in good faith about the quiet operation; you should expect a smooth going performance without clanging and rumbling sounds.
What we like
Great and quality design
Automatic shutdown feature
Great insulation compartment for extended ice periods
What we don’t like
It has some hiccups after long hours of operation
Hamilton Beach PIM-1-3A Portable Ice Maker
The Hamilton Beach ice maker is a perfect portable ice maker for the hot summer sun. Just like most products on our list, it averages 9 cubes every 7-10 minutes and makes up to 26lbs per day with a 2lbs storage capacity. Indeed portable, it is 12.5″x19″x14, and it’s light too at 19lbs. The swing handle makes it easier to move it around, from your kitchen to your RV without hassles.
LED indicators notify you when the storage bin is full or when you need to add water to the reservoir. You also get to choose from two ice cube sizes.
The compressor is also durable and provides quiet and efficient performance. Using just 180watts, this unit is one of the most power-saving countertop ice maker money can buy.
What we like
It is light at 19lbs
Can make two different ice sizes
Power conserving model
Makes ice cubes quickly
Top handle for easy transport
What we don’t like
Ice melts pretty fast in the ice bin
Sentern Portable Electric Clear Ice Maker Machine
- Sentern Ice Maker produces crystal clear ice cubes that are harder and denser, which melt much more slowly than other forms of ice, and chill your drink without diluting its taste or quality.
- Fast Chilling - Beautiful 24 clear ice cubes are ready for beverages in just 15 minutes. Large ice bucket to store up to 2.4 pounds of ice at a time. 3 selectable ice cube sizes (small, medium and large) by adjusting the cooling time.
- Powerful and Quiet Compressor Cooling – Featuring modern refrigeration technology. Chic and compact design with stainless steel body ensures good looks and durability. Perfect for home, parties, picnics and road trips.
- Keep a Steady Supply Going - 2.2 L water tank with easy-to-use digital control panel. Program the machine to turn ON/OFF the ice making cycle automatically for your convenience.
- ETL Certified & FDA Approved Product. Ice maker measurements: 11.2” x 14.4” x 13.8”. Ready to use out of the box. No installation needed.
While we won’t give the sentern an award, it produces the hardest ice cube on the list. Ice production on the unit is solid, and unlike bullet ice, they melt slowly. This ensures your drink is not watered down to enjoy a cold drink for a long time.
Ice production time is quite slow, as it takes it up to 15 minutes to produce the first batch of ice. However, this is worth it given that the ice is hard and denser than most ice makers on the market.
From the control panel, you can choose from three different ice cube sizes. In terms of performance, it is efficient and holds up to 2.4lbs of ice. 2.2L water tank and a user-friendly digital control panel allow for smooth operation.
Although slightly bigger than most models on the list, at 11.2” x 14.4” x 13.8is still portable and can sit on your countertop without hassles. In regards to safety, this unit is ETL and FDA approved, you confidently drop a cube into your drink without being paranoid about any implications.
Overall, this unit is sleek and provides solid ice cubes that remain frozen for a long time. No, it does not have an inbuilt-freezer.
What we like
It works silently
Great user control
Customers can select from three ice sizes
Produces hard ice cubes that do not melt easily compared to bullet cubes
What we don’t like
Slow to make ice quickly
Hard to break up ice cause it’s really solid
Does not come with accessories like the ice bin and scoop
Igloo ICEB26RR Ice Maker
- DESIGNED FOR CONVENIENCE Portable, convenient and compact in size, this retro metallic red ice maker looks good on a countertop while producing ice for whenever or wherever you need it
- LARGE ICE MAKING CAPACITY Keep the water tank filled and this unit will produce 26 pounds of ice in a 24 hour period enough to keep drinks cold all day long
- WATER TANK CAPACITY 3 quarts
- ICE BASKET CAPACITY Stores up to 2 pounds of ice at a time
- QUICK FREEZING ICE Makes 9 small or large cylinder shaped ice cubes in as little as 7 minutes
Igloo has itched its name in the outdoor gear company hall of fame. They produce some of the best coolers on the market. So much that they’ve extended their expertise to the ice-making business.
And if there’s one word we’d describe the igloo with is “Efficient” They are known to produce budget choices that is appealing to users of all kinds, without compromising on the quality.
On the outward, the cooler rocks a retro design with the striking finish to coca cola freestanding machines. This model is what it means to be compact; it measures 9.6 x 14.7 x 12.4 inches, has a 3 quarts water tank capacity, stores 2lbs of ice and can effortlessly produce 26lbs of ice within a day. It makes ice quickly; you can get the first taste in 7 minutes.
The control panel is supported by LED lights to indicate when the ice bin is full or when you need to add water. Also, you can choose the size of the ice cubes. Transparent Lid provides a see-through window to know the amount of ice made.
The unit has a drain plug that ensures quick and easy water purge. This unit includes an ice basket and ice scoop to transport the ice and fill into your drinks.
Overall, Igloo ICEB26RR is one of the most portable options on our list. If you are going the budget way, then, you should consider taking a look at this unit.
What we like
It is cheap
It is light and portable
Has a beautiful design
Fast ice making
Features a water drain
What we don’t like
You have to use distilled water for clear ice
If you have made it here then you should have found a portable ice maker for camping that is suited for your needs.
For other readers that would like to explore more ice makers, here are some interesting reviews you can check out;